EIP-SCC on a Mission @Nordic Edge Expo 2020 Goes Digital
The Smart Cities Marketplace team will be taking part in the Nordic Edge Expo with an online stand and a workshop. Our workshop called "EIP-SCC on a Mission" will take place on the 23rd of September from 1 pm to 3 pm.
Our discussion will focus on the challenges to create 100 climate neutral cities by 2030 and the role the smart city investment community plays in achieving this.
The backdrop to this highly engaging panel session is the Mission Board on Climate-Neutral and Smart Cities’ ambitious plan to create 100 climate neutral smart cities by 2030 by and for its citizens and its key instrument to achieving mission success through a climate city contract.
Speakers from the European Commission, the investment community, the Mission Board and from the SCC-1 Smart City projects will discuss the following topics:
- How can we combine public funding/private investment as an accelerator for achieving the mission and how would this play out in a Scandinavian context?
- How can a Climate City Contract act as a risk mitigator for private investors?
- How can we set up an architecture for bundling investments across Climate-Neutral Cities which is aligned with EU competition rules?
- Recently, the mission board has proposed a concept of a Climate City Lending & Blending Facility. What is the role of private finance and how could/should this play a role in blended finance solutions for smart cities?
- What are drivers for green investment and what is the role of the EU taxonomy for sustainable finance for private investors?
- How is the portfolio of European Smart City projects contributing to achieving climate-neutrality in 100 cities – examples of good practice?
You can find more information on the workshop including the full list of speakers here.
An overview of the overall Nordic Edge Expo & Conference programme is here.
If you are interested in attending the workshop “EIP-SCC on a Mission” and the Nordic Edge, please contact email@example.com.