Bridging the gap: DG RTD launches Support Services for Exploitation of Research Results for research projects under FP7 and Horizon 2020
The Directorate-General for Research and Innovation (DG RTD) has launched Support Services for Exploitation of Research Results (SSERR) targeting completed and ongoing research projects in the field of energy under FP7 and Horizon 2020.
With the goal of maximizing added value and impact, these free services are offered to interested projects at any time during a project’s lifecycle, even after completion.
The services offered by SSERR include:
- Project Risk Analysis to identify the risks and potential obstacles to the future exploitation of project results
- Exploitation Strategy Seminars to brainstorm on key results, and how to address the risks and obstacles associated with exploitation
- Business Plan Development service to assist project partners in better approaching this crucial step towards the commercialisation of products or services
- Assistance for Patenting to support partners in the different stages of the protection of intel-lectual property rights
- Brokerage Events to allow projects to present their results to potentially interested stakeholders(such as investors and business partners)
- Ad Hoc Assistance, (to be agreed on a case-by-case basis).
Offering these tailored, on-demand services SSERR helps to bridge the gap between research outcomes and commercial products on the one hand, and researchers and businesses on the other.