Register now! City Dialogue - Resilient Cities
9.June 9:30 – 11:00 CEST
Cities all over the world are facing the same problems in fighting COVID-19. This sudden and unpredictable crisis has forced cities to respond immediately but as we emerge from the crisis, there is an opportunity to make our cities smarter and more resilient ensuring a better quality of life for citizens and improving the response to future crises.
It goes without saying that ‘resilient’ and ‘smart cities’ are inextricably linked, now more than ever. Resilient cities are smarter cities, and smart solutions must be resilient. However, the two have not always come naturally together, at least not with the urgency that is needed. Collaboration between existing smart cities and resilience networks are key in this new (digital) time!
This city dialogue will explore how these two key elements can come together successfully, to ensure smart, resilient cities of the future.
Speakers will include (to be confirmed):
- Albert Engels, on behalf of the Smart Cities and Communities Lighthouse projects
- Arnoud Molenaar, RCO of Rotterdam and member of the global steering Committee GRCN
- Eddy Hartog, Head of Unit EC DG Connect
- Lina Liakou, Managing Director GRCN (Global Resilience Cities Network Europe & Middle East, former known as 100RC)
- Martin Brynskov, Chair of OASC (Open & Agile Smart Cities) , Ass. Professor University Aarhus
The objectives of this city dialogue are to:
- Understand how to move from wishful thinking to smart resilience.
- Increase funding in the upcoming European (EU and national) programmes for holistic approaches to smart resilience.
- Rally cities and communities as big buyers and drivers of innovation to join forces and shape the smart technology market.
- Promote simple and agile mechanisms (technical, financial, legal) instead of complex schemes.
Link to register is here.
A recording of this session can be found here.